The August primary elections–when New Yorkers will vote on State Senate and US Congressional candidates–are fast approaching!
We want to be sure that you are prepared to make your voice heard so if you moved recently, need to update your registration, or haven’t registered to vote, now is the time to do so.
Having two primaries in one summer, a result of court decisions about the redistricting process, has caused confusion for voters. Help us spread the word in the coming weeks, to make sure that everyone who is eligible makes their voices heard by voting in these critical races!
Here are key dates to keep in mind to be able to participate in the August Primary:
- (THIS!) Friday, July 29: Voter registration deadline for new registrants
- Wednesday, August 3: Deadline to update your address
- Monday, August 8: Absentee ballot request deadline (online or by mail)
- Saturday, August 13: Early voting begins
- Sunday, August 21: Early voting ends
- Monday, August 22: Absentee ballot request deadline (in person)
- Tuesday, August 23: Election Day, and the deadline to return an absentee ballot. Also the deadline for registered voters to change their party affiliation if they wish to.
The August Primary will include elections for these offices:
- US House of Representatives
- State Senate
Regardless of who you vote for, we hope you will vote to stand up for respect and dignity for all–including those who aren’t eligible to vote. Make a plan to vote in the August primaries starting today!
¡Sí se puede!