Make the Road NY has been providing crucial legal, health, and education services to New Yorkers for 25 years – and counting.
People walk through our doors when they are facing workplace or housing discrimination, when they need to access critical healthcare, or for support in achieving their educational or professional goals.
Every year, we support 30,000 New Yorkers to:
- Avoid eviction and get critical repairs;
- Win back lost wages, defend workplace rights, and claim benefits;
- Avoid deportation or adjust immigration status;
- Access healthcare and food, resolve medical debt, and obtain benefits;
- Learn English, prepare for citizenship exams, and gain skills for career advancement; and
We remain rooted in the hearts of immigrant and working class neighborhoods so that community members can find us whenever urgent needs arise.
The impact of our direct services has gone beyond just our neighborhoods – our services inform policy design and organizing victories that have transformed the lives of millions of immigrant and working-class people across the U.S.
Thank you for being with us in this work.