We took immediate action in response to the Supreme Court’s terrible decision to allow the “public charge” rule to go into effect while we fight it in the courts. We informed members of our community about this wealth test on our immigration system, how it could impact their lives and how to respond.
Since the announcement we have:
- Launched a page on our website with the latest information on Public Charge.
- Created a video to inform our Spanish speaking members (with English subtitles).
- We are holding informational workshops for community members across all of our offices.
- Created Know Your Rights materials to quickly spread information in our neighborhoods.
- Conducted outreach in the community to ensure that individuals receive accurate information.
- Screened community members to encourage those not impacted to continue to remain on public benefits.
We need your help to keep fighting this in court through our case Make the Road New York v. Cuccinelli, as well as our companion case, Make the Road New York v. Pompeo and train and support community members for as long as this rule is in effect. Will you support this work today?
Thank you for your support as we fight this heinous attack on our immigration system. Every dollar counts.