This week, our members announced our state policy priorities for 2022-23!
In sharp contrast with Governor Hochul’s executive budget proposal, which failed to meet the needs of New York’s immigrant, Black, brown and TGNCIQ+ New Yorkers, our members are demanding policies that would help ensure all New Yorkers are treated with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our state must make meaningful investments to help us recover from this pandemic, and to address long standing inequalities faced in the communities we represent.
Here is what we’re demanding from state leaders:
- $3 billion in additional funds to the Excluded Workers Fund
- A permanent unemployment insurance program for excluded workers
- Coverage for All, by creating an Essential Plan that would ensure undocumented immigrants can access health coverage and care
- Good cause eviction legislation to protect all tenants from arbitrary eviction
- A Housing Access Voucher Program, for New Yorkers regardless of immigration status, to fight homelessness and displacement
- The Solutions Not Suspensions Act to limit suspensions and ensure student well-being
- The Stop Violence in the Sex Trades Act to protect sex workers
- Full investment in adult education programs
- Universal child care
You can check out our full state policy platform here to learn more, and you can contribute to this effort by donating today.
You’ll hear more from our members in the coming weeks about what they are fighting for and how these policies would improve their lives. And we’ll stay in touch all year to share how you can support these fights.
We won’t win without you, thank you for your support.
¡Sí se puede!
P.S. Want to watch the full launch? Click here.