Earlier this week our members held our Annual Democracy Day, a day of action to demand respect and dignity for our communities across New York State. They shared their stories outside of Governor Hochul’s Manhattan office, projected our demands publicly in Union Square and met with 19 state elected officials.
Immigrant, Black, brown, and TGNCIQ+ communities continue to be on the frontlines, disproportionately exposed to the deadly pandemic. Yet, last month’s $216 billion executive budget proposal from Governor Hochul fell short of our communities’ needs.
Our members, from across New York City, Long Island and Westchester, made clear demands on what they need in order to survive and get back on their feet. This includes:
- Passing Coverage4All to expand immigrants’ access to health care
- Allocating $3 Billion for the Excluded Workers Fund and a permanent solution
- Ensuring Good Cause eviction legislation to protect tenants
- Passing the Solutions Not Suspensions Act
- Invest in Universal ChildCare
- Passing the Stop Violence in the Sex Trades Act
Learn more about this powerful rally here.
And thank you for your support and solidarity as we fight for what our communities need.
¡Sí se puede!