Make the Road New York seeks a Development Intern to join our development team and help coordinate all aspects of fundraising to meet a projected annual budget of $13 million.
Responsibilities include researching funding sources (foundations, corporations, government and major individuals); donor cultivation and building our individual donor base; data management and archiving; and coordinating special events. The focus of the internship is flexible and can be adapted to the particular interests/skills of a strong candidate.
This ideal candidate will possess:
* Working knowledge of spreadsheets, Microsoft Office suite, and using a database.
* A commitment to social justice and a basic understanding of community organizing and U.S. class and race issues.
* An interest in fundraising and/or communications.
* Flexibility and the ability to deal with many tasks and prioritize.
* Skill with html, cms, Dreamweaver and Photoshop,
Bi-lingual Spanish and English is useful but not required. People of color, LGBTQ, and women strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an unpaid position. The ideal candidate will be available at least 12 hours per week.
Please email Lisa Hartland, Government Grants Coordinator, with resume and cover letter, and please use “Development Internship Application” as the email subject. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.