We are excited to announce a partnership with the Departments of Social Services, Labor, and the Human Rights Commission to provide on-site County services at our Long Island office in Brentwood. County Executive Bellone and Legislator Monica Martinez made the announcement on February 20.
The new weekly services offered will include:
- Resume and job search assistance;
- Eligibility screening and referrals to vocational and work readiness training programs;
- Referrals to GED, Adult Basic Education, and English as a Second Language classes to eligible residents;
- Eligibility screening for supportive services such as Medical Assistance and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); and
- On-site referrals for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), temporary housing assistance, transportation, and subsidized childcare to eligible residents as appropriate.
In addition, the Human Rights Commission will be available to meet community members by appointment at our office to discuss and offer assistance for any claims of unlawful discrimination.
All services will be available in English and in Spanish.
Contact or visit our office for more information: 1090 Suffolk Avenue Brentwood, NY 11717, (631) 231-2220