In 2013, Make the Road New York served and engaged 14,000 community members and won major victories to improve the lives of millions more.
Impact snapshot (Download the report to see our full impact —>)
- Workplace Dignity: Helped win guaranteed paid sick days for one million NYC workers.
- Quality Education: Helped 1,609 adults learn English, computer skills, civics, and pass their high school equivalency exams.
- Civic Participation: Registered and educated 7,000 new voters of color and mobilized 25,000 in the 2013 elections with the Long Island Civic Engagement Table.
- Civil Rights: Helped win critical policy changes to establish NYPD oversight and, for the first time, protect immigrant, LGBTQ and homeless New Yorkers from bias-based profiling.
- Healthy Communities: Launched an Affordable Care Act enrollment program to help 1,000 families and small businesses access health insurance in the first year of the state’s new exchange.